Saturday, May 9, 2009

House Work!

Hello again! It's definitely not as easy as I thought it would be to update this regularly...oh well! I'll keep trying. Our weeks have been the same lately...just work and school. I'm still doing pediatrics. I love the kids, but really can't see myself doing this for the rest of my life :( The only rotation I have left is OB-Gyn, which I start a week from Monday. I really hope this is the career for me. I have a feeling I'm going to like it. (i hope...cross your fingers!) Joe has been working hard at work. They are doing the "Henderson Olympics" this month. Joe's bowling team got first place, and right now his floor (floor #2) is in first place also. We have also had some fun weekends. Last weekend, we had our housewarming party! We had 4 other couples over. Joe smoked pork and brisket. There was lots of good food and lots of beer! It was so great to see all of our friends. We had so much fun and still can't believe our house is ready for guests! We look forward to doing it again soon.

Now, I'll start putting up some before and after pics of the house...room by room!
Today...The Living Room!
Here is the fireplace before...


During... (notice the reflections from all the dust while we were scraping the ceiling!- gross!!)


Nearing the end... (everything primed- notice some of the kitchen cabinets on the floor, getting their "make-over" :)

And....the finished product!! (the girls wanted to be in the pictures!) Notice my contractor's (that would be Joe!!) awesome work with the built-ins!! He made them look just like the picture I drew for him. Joe and I did all the work, except installing the carpet. We spend a lot of time in the living room now- especially enjoying Joe's new TV that he dreamed about for many months!



We hope you all have a great weekend. Hopefully I can update again soon! (it is a great way to avoid studying :)


No comments:

Post a Comment