Anyway, tonight I thought I would do the kitchen...
Here is the only good "before" picture that I have (don'tmiss the lovely border that would NOT come off AND the gross ceilings stained from the vents)- yuck!!
I don't have any pics of us actually scraping the ceilings in the kitchen, so I thought I would just include one of what we looked like during the weeks we were scraping and sanding all the ceilings! It was such a messy job!!! I'm so glad we are done with that and LOVE our new flat ceilings (with no stains) :)
Here is an "in-between" picture! The cabinets are off and have gotten their first sanding. The floors are all pulled up (it left hundreds of 1 1/2" staples in the floor that we had to hammer in by hand before we couldn't scrape them out- another "not-so-fun" job!) The border is also finally down- I had to eventually give in and buy a steamer! There is still lots of dust in the air - you can see the reflections of the specks of dust!
Here is the kitchen....almost done!! no floors or backsplash and the countertops aren't done. Notice the pile of paint cans- I think we ended up with about double that! (you can also get a sneak peak of the dining room and breakfast nook- more pics coming soon :)
And...the final product! Yeah! My mom says she like the cabinets now- even though she cringed when she found out we were painting the oak :) We think the kitchen is much brighter now! We loving have a spot for all of our kitchen gadgets that we got for our wedding! Now...if I can just find time to cook more often!

My kitchen desk area!
Here is an "in-between" picture! The cabinets are off and have gotten their first sanding. The floors are all pulled up (it left hundreds of 1 1/2" staples in the floor that we had to hammer in by hand before we couldn't scrape them out- another "not-so-fun" job!) The border is also finally down- I had to eventually give in and buy a steamer! There is still lots of dust in the air - you can see the reflections of the specks of dust!
Here is the kitchen....almost done!! no floors or backsplash and the countertops aren't done. Notice the pile of paint cans- I think we ended up with about double that! (you can also get a sneak peak of the dining room and breakfast nook- more pics coming soon :)
And...the final product! Yeah! My mom says she like the cabinets now- even though she cringed when she found out we were painting the oak :) We think the kitchen is much brighter now! We loving have a spot for all of our kitchen gadgets that we got for our wedding! Now...if I can just find time to cook more often!
My kitchen desk area!



Looks good! I like the backsplash.
ReplyDelete