Well...I'm officially not good at updating our blog! Lots has happened since last time I was on here. Well- last time I updated I knew I was pregnant, but we weren't telling. So now the word has been out for awhile and we are in full preparation mode for baby Rees! I will try to do a quick recap on what's been going on! I have had the month of August off to prepare for boards (which I took on Aug 22) and get my residency application ready. This last week, we have been getting as much done around the house as possible. We have lots of busy weeks and weekends until the due date- so we wanted to get a jump start! This week we have painted the nursery and put the crib together! There is still quite a bit of work to get done, but we have a great start. I have found a lot of great "stuff" on craigslist for Rees (one of my favorite things to do!) So now Im trying to paint some of these "great finds" (her dresser, some shelves for the nursery, a side table, and a cradle for our room). We are due Dec 31- so I'm 22 weeks today! Over half way there!! I do LOVE feeling her move, but have to admit that the rest of pregnancy has not been as great as expected. Oh well...I know it will all be worth it in the end. We have had 4 sonograms (the only great thing I had found about medical school so far- a few free sonograms on the side!) Each one has shown she's a girl! I absolutely love seeing her during the sonograms. She has been grabbing her toes the last couple of times and we think she has here daddy's nose (from the the 3D pics!) Time will tell :) I'll attach a few pics of the baby stuff- it always makes me smile, so hopefully it will make you smile too!

Here is a pic of her bedding on her glider rocker!
Joe and his helpers (aka Fiona and Finlee) putting the crib together!
Who's crib is this??? Fi and Fin trying it out! (This is just a sneak peak of the nursery- I don't want to post pics of it until it is all finished! We love the crib...thanks Grandpa Steve and Grandma Kathy- it is beautiful and just want we wanted- modern and sleek!!)
Baby Rees's closet (at 22 weeks old!) This is what happens when your mom and Grandma love to shop! I'm pretty sure only a couple of things in here were bought at full price...bargain shoppers!!

And finally...I also broke out my sewing machine this week and made curtains for the kitchen and breakfast nook (I have had the fabric since we moved in!) I'm still trying to decide if I like them...but they'll work for now!
So hopefully you're updated a little on our life...basically it has been consumed by Rees lately! We are so excited for her to get here! Look forward to finished nursery pics sometime soon and possibly a belly pic...I'm still not sure about this (it makes me feel like a zoo animal to post pics of my growing belly...) Hope you are all doing great!!
You really need to post a belly pic! Just so I can see how cute you are! And speaking of animals...I now feel like a farm animal on a regular basis when I use my pump :)
ReplyDelete