Friday, December 18, 2009


After looking back through old posts, I realized that I didn't ever post pictures of the rest of our house- specifically, all of the upstairs! I will save one room (the nursery) for another post!

So…here we go!
This is the upstairs hallway, which is also our Fiona and Finlee gallery! Someday soon, we will have to replace some of them with baby pictures, but for now…it always makes us smile to see “the girls” when we come up the stairs.

Here is the wall word we added going down the stairs :)
Now...back up the stairs-
At the right end of the hallway, is “the east bedroom,” also known as the guest bedroom! This room had a big hole in the wall when we moved in that Joe had to fix and was, of course, very dirty. He also put down the hard wood in the “nook” area. It’s great to have a place for guests to stay.
beforethe "nook" before (once again- these pictures do not truely show how disgusting and dirty this house was!!)

after



The next room moving down the hallway is the office. I loved decorating this room , but have to admit, I have not used it as an office yet! Joe does use the desk, but I usually sit in the living room to study. I do love this room for the extra closet- this is where I store all my scrapbooking, card making and sewing stuff! The chandelier in this room was an extra one that my parents had. It started out brass with lots of prism things hanging on it…we spray painted it bronze and added a bunch of crystals with fishing line! It definitely one-of-a-kind and adds some sparkle to the room!
before (a plain, boring box!)

after

Moving further down the hall is the best room ever…Rees’ nursery! It is directly across from the master bedroom. I will do a separate post for her room. :)

Also in the hallway is the main bath/guest bath/Rees’ bathroom. The vanity was the main project in this room. We found the vessel sink and faucet on ebay, the we re-painted the existing cabinets and Joe made a stained wood countertop! It turned out great.

before
after

Finally, at the left end of the hallway is the master bedroom and bathroom. We had fun fixing up this room. Scraping the ceilings throughout the house was a big chore, but it was especially time- consuming in the master suite with the tray ceiling in the bedroom and the really tall ceilings in the bathroom. However, it was all worth it- we think scraping the popcorn ceilings really made a huge difference in this room. The chandelier in the bedroom was recycled from the dining room. I took off a few pieces, spray painted it bronze and added crystals (of course!) We also found Styrofoam tiles online, which we painted bronze and put at the very top of the tray ceiling! The master bedroom also has my favorite wall decoration- the garage sell frame (which we spray painted), a wall word and a canvas print of one of our engagement pictures! As you can see…Rees’ first bed has also found a spot in our room- a cradle that we found on craigslist and painted! The master bath also got a total makeover, except... it has the only floor in the house that was there originally!

Before
This fan wins the award for 'Dirtiest fan ever!!"



after

bathroom before


after

No comments:

Post a Comment