Friday, December 18, 2009

Rees' Nursery!

We have had a great time finishing the nursery for Rees! I found this bedding and fell in love with it. The crib is from Grandpa Steve and Grandma Kathy. The dresser is an antique that I found on craigslist, which we painted and changed the handles. It works perfect as her changing table. The cubby shelves are also off craigslist. We painted those, and I lined the backs of the cubbies with matching fabric. The glider is so comfortable and wins the award for “best buy” of the nursery- we found it at this awesome overstock place in Independence, MO that had lots of gliders (and tons of other furniture). Finally- we painted the artwork, spray painted the light fixture and sewed some basket liners. And…how could I forget the moldings on the wall that Joe did. It amazes me how handy he is- every idea I get in my head, Joe completes perfectly! I hope Rees loves her nursery as much as we do!

Before (too bad I didn't get a better before picture of this room- it had green walls, a pastel border- that took FOREVER to get off, and a primary colored fan!) I can't complain too much about this room being dirty...at least they kept their children's rooms clean!?

Here is the room "in between"... what it looked like when we moved in (new paint- that didn't last long- and new carpet) We did not install a light fixture in this room until it became the nursery!
And...the finished product! Yellow, red, blue, and yellow :)

The birds above the painting are hanging from the ceiling (but you can't really tell by this picture!)

close-up of basket liners:



No comments:

Post a Comment